Hi, I’m Karter Byrne, the editor of Concrete Collar – a brand-spanking-new youth culture website for the city of Birmingham.
I want this site to showcase the best of what this great city has to offer, from its crazy nightlife to its fashion stores and everything in between, but particularly focusing on the less obvious and non-mainstream, and that’s where YOU come in!
I’m looking for new talent to get involved with the site, particularly in the areas of:
- Food reviews: Do you have an eye for great cheap food places in Birmingham? Could you bring the experience to life in short, snappy articles that would appeal to a young audience?
- What’s on: Do you know about the freshest events in the city? Is your finger on the pulse of the city’s cultural scene?
- Interviews: Do you know a talented artist, who maybe doesn’t get the attention they deserve? Do you know someone in Birmingham with a really interesting story to tell?
- Sub-cultures and niche coverage: Are you passionate about something that no-one else knows about or misunderstands? Do you want to bring it to a wider audience?
- Fashion: Are you a dedicated follower of fashion? Know your Prada’s from your Primarks? Fancy yourself as a stylist?
- Sport: Do you know your local grass roots sport? Can you bring an athlete’s dedication and talent to life?
If you answered YES to any of these, or if you didn’t and have any other ideas, or even if you want some more information on what this site is about, then get in touch with me, either by emailing me at email@example.com, Facebook-ing us or by Tweeting us
If you’re interested in getting involved, it would be helpful if you could send in some of your previous work as well!
By the way, if you’re a student, I’m more than happy to sign off for work experience and all that!
I look forward to hearing from you!